This article provides details about the Extrude Tool.
Creates a protrusion or depression of a specified magnitude along a direction normal to a selected Face or Profile.
This tool is available under the following conditions:
- The number of selected elements is 1
- The selected element is a planar Face
- The number of selected elements is 1 or more
- Every selected element is a Profile
- Magnitude: The length of the protrusion or depression in the direction normal to the selected Face or Profile.
- Cut/Fuse: Specifies whether the operation will result in a protrusion (Fuse) or a depression (Cut).
This feature offers GUI controls which appear after the tool is selected. To use the GUI controls, use the left mouse button to click and hold either of the arrows that appear while dragging the mouse to adjust the Magnitude parameter. Pulling or pushing the green arrow will adjust the Magnitude parameter of the Extrude and set the Cut/Fuse option to 'Fuse'. Pulling or pushing the red arrow will adjust the Magnitude parameter of the Extrude and set the Cut/Fuse option to 'Cut'.
- The Cut/Fuse option will only add or subtract material from the Shape to which the Face is attached.
- The Cut/Fuse option is not available for extruded Profiles. Extruded Profiles will always create a protrusion.