This article provides details about the Camera Tools.
The Camera Tools Menu contains a set of buttons to control different aspects about the scene camera including the camera orientation and camera type. These controls are used to quickly adjust the camera to focus on specific sections of the scene.
The Camera Tools menu is located at the bottom right corner of the CAD interface.
The menu contains:
- Camera Type: Orchard offers 2 different cameras: Perspective (default) and Orthographic. The Perspective Camera gives the scene 'depth' and makes objects in the scene look real. The Orthographic Camera 'squares' the view and is useful while sketching or aligning objects in the scene.
- Clear Section Planes: Clears all section planes. Only available after a section plane has been created.
- Normal View: Orients the camera normal to a face and fits the face within the view window. Only available if a single planar Face is selected.
- Top, Left, Front, Right, Back, and Bottom Views: Orients the camera normal or antinormal to either the XY, YZ, or XZ plane.
- Fit View: Orients the camera to fit the selection within the view window. If nothing is selected, all objects in the scene fit the view window.
- Lock Rotate: Locks or unlocks camera rotation. Rotation is locked by default while sketching.
- Isometric View: Orients the camera to fit the selection within the view window isometrically. If nothing is selected, all objects in the scene fit the view window isometrically.